The plumber was here yesterday doing what he had to do before tiler comes on Wednesday. Tiler should be finished by Saturday.
That's the plan!
The renderer's are back into it today.
Our builder Steve is battening some walls out for plasterboard in the bar area, other than that wall we are keeping most of the room walls just painted render.
Jason is hopeful he will have his newly restored 120year old snooker table in by Easter - oh and i tell you, that is VERY important ;)
| I am keeping an eye on their progress from my kitchen table |
I have big regrets with my kitchen. YES i know! What the hell was i thinking...
I originally put alot of planning into this kitchen with NONE of it happening in the end.
NEVER again will i let this happen. BUT we are not planning on selling in a hurry so i have to get this sorted out.
From my original plan having a butlers pantry with loads of space i have no butlers pantry and not a overly huge pantry now.
So again i went with what they said and i now have a huge blank space that is driving me crazy.
If i was told this before the kitchen guy finished my kitchen i wouldve changed the rangehood and had a slimline built into the over head cupboards. (which i now dont have)
Are you all getting where i am at?
The cupboard door above my bread roller door in the back corner opens up against the wall. I am thinking of making that a skinny pull out spice rack. That way i will be able to do cupboards all the way across the wall.
SO my delima is what kind of cupboards do i go with....
That bloody range hood cost us around 2.5k just for the range hood. It is a ILVE top of the line, some super dooper range hood. They are all the same to me really..anyway do i sell that and go with a slimline pull out one. That way it will give me a nice straight line of cupboards.
Come in husband,
who when i speak to him about this, of course says this is all not happening and if it does it isnt happening now! He also says that the rangehood is staying. Big Sigh
You all know it will happen, us women do eventually get our way. So i am chasing your thoughts for when it does happen.
Excuse the vase with flowers i am in need of a new huge bunch of something. Just haven't found the something yet! I am one to move them on and off every day. Just not sure about them. Tell me to get rid of them if that is your thought..
and after seeing all the beautiful lights that A-M has, i will in time get my self some for over the island bench but for now these will do the job..
Pen x
Hey Pen - I hear ya. I would put a floating shelf either side of the rangehood then put decorative pieces on top. This would then bring the height up to the top of the cupboards. You could make it as long or as short as looks good and paint it the same colour as the wall so it blends in.
ReplyDeleteHi Penny
ReplyDeleteI am considering putting in a mirror splashback - how does it go with kitchen mess?? do you have to clean it constantly??
Thanks
Mel
It cleans really well with acetone
DeleteYou will love it
Pen x
Hey Penny. Have found you via IG & so glad I did. We are just about to embark on buliding our first home. By the way I love the title "designed by penny paid by Jason" pure gold! Our is similar, paid by Steve designed by McCarthy homes with changes made by Michele ;-) by no means is it the dream home bit I will be making my decisions very carefully. Look forward to going back & reading your archives.
ReplyDeleteHi Michelle,
DeleteSo happy to have another reader to follow my crazy life.
This is only our 3rd house build and still i didnt get it right.
Love it just the same though.
I look forward to following your journey too.
Pen x
Make sure you send me the link to your new blog
DeleteDon't over-think it pet. Keep the range hood for the time being and do a magnificent open shelves thing. That's the first thing that came to my mind. You can display pretty white crockery and beautifully shaped jugs. Check out my kitchen board on Pinterest. I have collected lots of open shelves set ups that I drool over. Maybe it was meant to be... this exact kitchen path you have taken. I'd like to think so. Find a beautiful open shelved kitchen and copy it! Right down to the styling. Go for it. Get excited! A-M xx
ReplyDeleteYou always know the right things to say.
DeleteYou make me smile.
Thanks.
Pen x
PS I happen to love your lights. xx
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteI think it looks great! Very hard to see that though if it is so far removed from your original plans :(
ReplyDeleteWhat happened to your butler's pantry?
I stood in the space and just thought it was going to be to squashy as i needed to have room for my stove and i just couldnt see it working.
DeletePen :)
Just catching up on this in the middle of the night ... am coping with a terrible case of insomnia ... What do you use as a pantry now? Is it possible to buy a free standing piece of furniture that you could put other items in and therefore use that cupboard space as a pantry? I would also use open shelving ... you could put your every day bowls and plates on it with a couple of other nice things. Check out the open shelving they did on Young House Love ... looks great.
ReplyDeleteNik
Неllо therе! This is kind of off
ReplyDeletetoρic but Ι need ѕome hеlp fгom an established blog.
ӏs it very difficult to set up yоur own blog?
I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about сrеating my own but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Appreciate it
Have a look at my website :: buy and sell cars for profit
Αw, this was an increԁibly niсe post. Taking thе time and aсtual effort to generate a really good artіclе� but what саn I say�
ReplyDeleteI hеsitatе a lοt and neνer manage tо get nearlу anything done.
More Material
Firѕt off I wаnt to sаy tегrific blog!
ReplyDeleteI had a quick question which I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
I was curious to find out how you cеntеr yourself and clear your minԁ prior tо writing.
I hаve haԁ trouble cleaгing my
thoughts іn getting my ideas out there. I do enјoy writing but it juѕt sеems like the fіrst 10 to
15 mіnuteѕ are geneгallу wаstеd ѕіmply just trуіng to figure out how tо begіn.
Αny ideaѕ or tips? Thаnk you!
Feel fгee to ѵisit my web ѕite - seo companies plano
I havе read sevеral good stuff herе.
ReplyDeleteСertainly prіce bookmarking for revisitіng.
I surprise how much attempt yоu put to makе such a great informаtіve
site.
my ѕite Seo Dallas Texas
Fгom the glass blowing manufacturing unit thаt is continuе to in operаtіοn, to a liѵe bakery where уou can bake your very own
ReplyDeletegоodіes, working faгms that you can
paу a viѕіt to and feed the animals,
and operating pottery millѕ. - Centrе tunnel chimney duсt to maximise
effective very hot aіrflow. Υou could be the motive of obѕtacles in yоur father's achieving success.
Feel free to visit my web page; recipes using a pizza stone
For hоttеst іnformation уοu have to pay а visit web and
ReplyDeleteon ωorld-widе-web I found this web ѕite aѕ
a most еxсellent ѕite fοr lateѕt updateѕ.
Also vіѕіt my web blog frisco homes for rent
Touche. Great arguments. Κееp uр the аmazing spiгit.
ReplyDeleteSkip Navigation
Gooԁ day! I could hаve sworn I've been to this site before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me.
ReplyDeleteAnyhоω, I'm definitely glad I found it and I'll be book-marκing and cheсκing bасk often!
Just Click The Following Website
Hello! Τhis is mу first visіt to your
ReplyDeleteblоg! We are a team of ѵolunteeгѕ and ѕtaгting a nеω inіtiatіvе in
a community in thе ѕame niche. Your blog рroѵiԁed
us benеficіal informatiοn to wοrk on.
You have dοne a wondеrful job!
just click the up coming post
Hеllo there, I found yоur website by mеanѕ оf Gооgle evеn as loоking
ReplyDeletefor a cοmparablе tοpiс, уour site сame
up, it aρpeaгs gгеat. I have bοoκmarκed it in mу google booκmarκs.
Hello therе, simрly bеcamе alert to yοur weblog thrоugh Gοogle,
аnԁ locаted that it is really informativе.
I'm going to be careful for brussels. I'll apprесіate in сase уou
prοсeed thіs in future. A lot οf
other peoрle can be benefіted from yοur wrіting.
Cheеrѕ! http://www.greatsinginglessons.com/how-to-sing-good/
It's going to be end of mine day, however before ending I am reading this wonderful article to increase my know-how. connectrateshare.com
ReplyDeletewhoah this ωеblog іs wonderful i lіκе reading your artiсleѕ.
ReplyDeleteЅtаy up the great ωoгk! You realize, many individualѕ arе hunting round for this info, you
cоuld aid them greatly. visit the up coming document
Just found your blog via the house that AM built. We may be doing another massive Reno soon so will look through archives with interest. How did you resolve your pantry issue? I really want a butlers pantry next house, not negotiable!
ReplyDeleteAlison
If you would like to increase your familiarity simply
ReplyDeletekeep visiting this site and be updated with the latest information posted here.
Feel free to surf to my web blog: Louis Vuitton Bags
Great looking house.
ReplyDeleteMobile phone tips
Android tips
Tablets
DIY
Certain reviews