We all were very excited to see the beginning of the house come together.
I have been driving around (as always) and i went back past both Jason and i's favorite house on the Gold Coast 47 hedges Ave.
We have agreed we dont have the same budget as they did but we would like to get a similar look for our place if possible.
| This house was once owned by Mat Perin the Billabong guy and who is in deep trouble for Fraud at the moment. |
I just love this place. I love the colours, the sandstone, the different timbers.
I am thinking that the window frame colour is a deep brown. I will go for a walk along the beach front this week and have a good look from the other side.
In the mean time here is what we have been up to this week in the school holidays.
| We took the kids for a drive up to Southbank in Brisbane. As we hadnt been up since the floods. |
| The kids took the skateboards and enjoyed riding along the walkway |
| We decided to walk across Victoria Bridge and into the City for lunch. |
| Gaby and i booked tickets to go see MARY POPPINS but not till March. |
WOW !!!
Her story is amazing and it is one that i admire. It is a long story, one with many ups and a few downs but she has made it out the other end. Her hands are full, but she wouldnt have it any other way.
The twins were 9 weeks premmie born mid October, so are now 3 months old. Isla turned 1 in December.
| So peacefully asleep when i arrived |
| Here i am with Isla who was supposed to be having a sleep but i arrived and Kim got her up so i could say Hi. I brought her a book which she just loved. Her bum was changed and back to bed she went. |
| I hope i get this right. This is Jaya |
| and this is Eva. |
I enjoyed meeting the girls as i normally only get to see photos...
I am sure the next time i see them it wont be as orderly as they will be running around everywhere and into everything and you probably wont even see the age difference in Isla and the twins as they will more than likely look like triplets.
Till tomorrow enjoy the rest of the day,
Pen :)
Awww look at the babies!!! Lucky you :) Glad you got to catch up.
ReplyDeleteAnd the house is looking great!!
How exciting that the walls are going up! That house is lovely and I'm sure you could achieve a similar look with some clever ideas, even with a budget :)
ReplyDeleteLoving the walls! I think the Hedges Avenue look is definitely achievable on a budget, especially with your elevation. If you were looking at stone work etc, you could just render for now (with a couple of different colours) and actually do the stone work at a later date. The gardens are also a massive part of the beauty of the facade, so obviously that will come with time as well. If there are particular elements of the landscape that you like, you could buy some plants now and get them growing...
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to see this all materialise, Pen!
M
xxo
PS: We were at South Bank last week too, and are planning another visit this week.
Yay, you have walls, it's all coming together! Looking good, I love the look of yours and Jason dream home! Glad you got to met all the girls, they are gorgeous aren't they! Kim is a busy bee, but takes it all in her stride! Have a great day. x Jode
ReplyDelete