Thursday, March 22, 2012

Something different

I thought i would post an up date on where the house is up to.
I go up to the block most mornings after i have dropped the kids to school and normally find no change.
Today was slightly different.
The water proof guys had finished the back section.Yippie (did a little dance)


Take a look at those rain clouds.





The rain is still hanging around which to isn't making it any better.
However when it comes to the waterproofing of this section it is a different story.
They need to cut more out of the original cut as it is to close to the besser blocks and they cant get in there to waterproof. Arhhhh, this is supposedly being dug out tomorrow! Fingers crossed.

Houses are popping up every where around us. #3 actually...
It looks so deserted...
 In the mean time i will continue to go up every couple of days in the hope of seeing "something different".

Chin up, as they say tomorrow is a better day,

Pen ;)







8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that something is happening, Pen. Hopefully, as soon as they are done, it will be 'speed building' at its best!

    M
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what i have been told M. Apparently right after Easter the builder will be there full time.
      Pen x

      Delete
  2. It is probably like seeing your children grow, you don't and everyone tells you how big they are getting!

    I am definitely seeing progress, slowly, but progress never the less!

    Looking good Pen, here's for sunny skies!

    x Jode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How are you guys fairing up there? The rain just wont P off....
      Pen x

      Delete
  3. Hi Penny, just came across your blog, your house is going to be AMAZING when it is finished! I totally feel your pain with the rain!!!!! We are building in Brisbane, and I swear it feels like we have barely had 2 days in a row since last year when the rain has stayed away! I knew to expect it being summer and all, but damn!!! give us a break! It's not looking good for us the next few days with all the rain coming down from up north :-( Best of luck with your build, what a mammoth project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bad weather is a P.I.T.A isn't it? I feel for the poor tradies too because so many are out of work = out of income because of it too. We're lucky because one of our projects has supplied enough inside work for our employees but our other jobs are at a standstill unless the sun shines. Very frustrating for those clients! Hoping for clear skies with you,
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KL,
      Thanks for your comments. It is so frustrating as the longer we are where we are the less money we will have. so it really needs to be finished by JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!
      otherwise it will be baked beans on toast till it is.
      Pen x

      Delete
  5. Good to see there was some progress. Hope things speed up soon.

    B

    ReplyDelete